Server #4 FF on REFLECT

Why? I actually forgot, I copied server #3's config and since I had to rush everything this minor setting was overlooked. But it may not be a bad idea after all. In the past people have moaned about nades, martyr and what. As you know majority of players dont like big custom changes but bog standard gameplay, we have tried to customise the server in the past - players did not like it and started to loose interest.

Friendly Fire REFLECT can be good and useful, very often it will force the player to think twice before a random nade is used or an airstrike with some random strike hoping for easy kills. Although some players will moan, most people did not seem to mind as the server was quickly populated and full with 32 slots for a good while.

Also note that all our MW2 servers or most of them have FF on REFLECT and they are very busy and always full @ weekends - so it cant be that bad :). Anyway, I will leave it on for a couple of weeks and we can then discuss then?

Edited by Whoops
  • Like 1

Weird stuff.

When I suggested almost 2 years ago to maybe try FF on some servers , maybe 1 person replied that it could be a good idea and rest in one voice said ...

"Thats the 'dumbest' idea ever so keep it to youself" (almost like when I suggested to keep 'FF - ON' on MW2).

But when you turned it ON , its the "greatest" idea ever :?:

I need to learn how it works :lol:

Edited by Stiuart

If you have noticed... server is busier now evening time before it came offline. Considering it was offline for days and now pretty full at peak times, I think it says something. There will always be people wanting this and that. FF REFLECT will stay on for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know that this thread is about #4 but ...

Yesterday when I joined to MW2 TDM #1 for 4 - 5 maps the only players you could notice whining about FF were those who panic shot everything that runned in front of them.

From like 12 deaths by FF 2 were by Harrier (bomb) and rest from "PRO" players that were running like chickens with their heads cut off and spamming shotgun , (as wrote earlier) at everything that poped in front of them.

Those were also the only people that throw random "F.cking FF" everytime they killed themself by shooting at their teammates.

So for me , FF will teach some people to check their radar (or to shot at enemies , not everything) :)

If you're trying to make a killstreak and you get after 5 kills an airstrike, you try to put it somewhere where normaly noboddy of your team could be.

Sadly you killed a hopelessly lost player of your team also known as a camper and your killstreak is gone.

Edited by The_Watcher

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.