Battlefield Bad Company 2

Whoops

Removed as well as the Black Ops server. We tried to keep it up a couple of months to see if it worked but it hasn't. It will probably work better when /if a BBC2 clan is incorporated into |ED| (same for Black Ops), it may happen later and if it does - we will revisit and have the server(s) back online.

• 2 months later...

I installed BFBC2 a few days ago... i actually forgot that it was a good game... However i do hope we can get a black ops server again... although the reason it wasn't that popular was probably because it wasn't 24/7 nuketown and L96 Sniper only...

I'm playing on Nuketown 24/7 server for last couple od days and you dont need limited/stupid rules like snipers only.

Server on which I play things that are NOT ALLOWED :

Smoke granades

Camping

Last Stand

Sniper Rifles

Flamethrower - attachment

Granade Launcher - attachment

Ballistic Knife (melee)

Ballistic Knife (ranged)

RPG (or any other launcher)

And few other things I forgot and guess what ...

That server is always FULL , hard as hell to get on it and even if its empty 2 players can populate it in 5min.

So limitations like 1weapons especially 1sniper rifle is useless idea.

Why ?

Cuz noone who plays with different weapons than sniper rifles wont join that server and that creates another limitation with type of players we could get there.

If someone wants server like that one , then he should start it with his clan , cuz thats the only reasonable answer for that server = clan server for people that want to show off in front of each other with their "sniper skills".

My opinion.

Edited by Stiuart

That could always be an option if we could run BO servers on own dedi.

But now when every server has to be payed and it isnt so cheap , creating 1additional server with only snipers , that would bring overall costs of ED servers probably a bit too high.

Nice wattz this is the first time ive heard of the project t5, but is this similar to aIW that you have to download a non legit version of the game or is it for the proper steam version?

He has been working on this for a while. You need a legit version, you can host the dedicated server. Development is slow, don't get too carried away. Ref above about BO servers being full, regardless of rules - servers that are full 24/7, usually because there is a dedicated BO clan behind it.

Yes pretty much like that. We don't know the details but legit Steam BO is required. I guess we need to wait and see. It is the original developer of AIW mw2, that release was delayed several times so I am not sure May/June for T5 is realistic. It does look promising but as with everything, we will deal with it when it happens.

3 ways to play:

Legit Steam with valid key

3rd party ISO with unsupported cracked exe

Legit Steam using 3rd part keys (get a Russian key lol)

PT5 will not support cracked copies nor advertise due to the legal aspect. So I don't get into trouble, I know nothing about the above and I encourage you all to go legit and buy :).

Edited by Whoops

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.