New phone thoughts??

Hey,

Well today my LG GT540 broke :( half of the screen doesn't work (I can see the stuff on the screen I just cannot touch it)

I was thinking about which phone to replace this one with, I am wanting a phone with the Android OS (I kinda love all the Google stuff nowadays: Chrome, Android, Google+, Calender and everything else there is).

I do not want to spend any more than £320.

I have been looking at the HTC Desire HD I think it will be the one i will go for but wasn't 100% sure, so I thought I would ask here what everybody thought?

For all those that know about Android OS:

My current/old phone (LG GT540) only supports up to Android OS 2.1 (Eclair) so I cannot move/save app's to my microSD card (I do not want to root my phone either).

So I'm happy to listen to everyone's thoughts and suggestions :)

If you want Android, the HTC Desire HD is a good choice. I almost bought it myself and still thinking about it. The nice thing is the big screen which can be a pain when you are roaming, you cant have everything I guess - something portable AND light + powerful. Good speakers too and it can do most stuff.

Yeh i think i will get the HTC Desire HD, i am going into town today to see if i can get my old phone repaired (it isn't even a year old so should still be under warranty) then I'm am going to sell it for £50-100 and then ill buy the HTC Desire HD :)

James, before buying I suggest you to have a look at DealExtreme.com - They also have some VERY cheap Android phones.

I've been ordering my electronics from there for a very long time (cheap, fast & trusted delivery), so you can trust the store though it's Chinese tax-free store. (:

i don't mind buying small, cheap items from delaextreme - but so much of their stuff is fake - and never try get a refund/item goes faulty!

The Desire HD's a really nice but i also love my jailbroken iphone, so much more you can do with it once it's hacked.

• 1 month later...

I just canceled the Desire HD order because after reading about the company that sells them i changed my mind... I was buying from ebay from a company called E Cell and seemingly the send out fake phones...

Instead im going to wait for that order to be canceled and get the HTC Sensation

• 1 month later...

@whoops havent tried phoning anyone yet... but music via the speakers sound good with the SRS Enhancement :)

Also dialed the three.co.uk topup thingy and the voice sounded ok but still need to try actually phoning someone...

Personally id say the Sensation is better then the GS2 because of the build quality... also i think the colors on the GS2's screen loo a bit fake (not sure if that the right description) But the sensation's colors look alot more natural. Also i prefer the HTC because of sense...

Also the phone is fast... and if i was to root and put a overclock and maybe a Sensation XE rom it might make the phone even better than it is...

But after the first 24hours its been great no problems... I love it...

• 2 weeks later...

The Galaxy S2 is really nice, defo contender for the iphone. tried my mates and was really impressed by the speed, ease of use.

yeh is great phone i prefer it over iphone tbh ,tends to get a little warm when watching vids for long time or playing 3d games but apart from that best phone ive had the LED screen is real nice quality :)

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.