Epic dot On Alter Revolution

Malware Alert (Trojan Backdoor)

Just as a notice, there are a number of spinoff sites that have been posing as the successors of aIW's services. I will not list them here because I have no intent on giving petty thieves and hackers any more attention or traffic than they have already received. These services are not legitimate and are far from capable of doing what NT will do with his new service. However, that is not my main reason for making this post.

It is important that you are made aware that at least one of these sites is a known security risk to your computer (installs a backdoor trojan, taking advantage of the requirement to disable antivirus during 'patch' installs). In particular, users of popular hacking/modding forums have been the target due to the prohibition of the domain being posted on alterGaming and FourDeltaOne. If you have been unfortunate enough to have fallen victim to this ploy, you can check these 'patches' yourself and then observe traffic requests with a packet sniffer like wireshark. I think that is all the proof you will need that your trust should be earned and not given away easily. Best regards,

The AlterGaming Team (formerly alterIWnet)

( EDITed: by Stiuart )

Link posted by Matthew_pov removed but content from it posted.

Edited by Stiuart
  • Like 1

aahahha gangstah after my epic own on your a** you never be the same guy? right??

what i have to you...calling you cheater its all, nothing more..:roll:

and i have cod mw3 on steam and man never in my life i make the same mistake

buy a game on steam is a terrible mistake... 10x more cheaters than alteriw, lag etc etc

and man how many players on cod mw2 steam??? 0.00f?? :rolleyes:

have a nice day :P

Thought myself that the AlterRevolutions site may be a scam, but having heard from many that it must be the future of AlterIW, I did some research into it. A comprehensive scan has been done by me on a virtual machine, and by searching binaries on the processes involving the packages sent by AlterRevolutions core engine, none of which suspicious.

Also, I have requested a thorough analysis of the .exe file, and here are the results : http://anubis.iseclab.org/?action=result&task_id=108fb3a8a8710d444754ea66470c3837d&format=html . As you can see, excepting for two false positives in a sys32 process, and a modal file, none present any risk.

I hope I have been helping here, and I hope EpicDot will make the move on another community, weather it is AlterRevolutions or not, due to the fact that many great people play here and they are amongst the best ranked servers.

Good day to all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.