taken from game debate ;)

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ

RAM 32-Bit OS: 2 GB RAM

RAM 64-Bit OS: 4 GB RAM

GPU RAM: 512MB

GPU: Nividia GeForce 8800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 3870

DX: 11

Here are some obvious questions that you may like covered before you pick up a pre-order.

Does the game run on Windows XP?

No. Following the game engine upgrade, it requires DirectX11 now. Windows XP does not support that and so COD BO2 requires Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 or better.

Does Black Ops 2 actually run ok on a machine that just meets the BO2 minimum requirements?

Yes Black Ops 2 will run on a machine that meets minimum system requirements. Treyarch assure us that they have run extensive tests on a variety of hardware and are very confident that a minimum requirement machine can run the game to a suitable standard.

What game engine does Black Ops II use?

They are sticking with a modified version of the game engine known as Black Ops. It has a number of improvements, including performance optimizations, enhanced graphics, and proprietary anti-cheat technology.

Please explain the performance optimizations of Black Ops II?

The engine now handles multiple threads much more effectively and will now also use Direct X 11 instead of the previous Direct X 9 technology.

DX11's API is much leaner than DX9 and therefore puts less stress on the CPU while still being able to do the same amount of processing. This enhancement will benefit all hardware and not just DX11 hardware. With extra quality to performance options added in to the game a gamer can now customize their experience, choosing whether to run something faster or instead to enahnce the look of the game.

Will the PC version of Black Ops 2 get enhanced graphics?

The PC version of Black Ops 2 will come with some advanced visual features that include, enhanced lighting, shadows, antialiasing, bloom, depth of field, ambient occlusion, and other enhancement effects that are currently still being worked on. Also there will be higher resolutions options and an increased framerate for the PC.

Will Black Ops 2 have a framerate cap on the PC?

No. But Treyarch will allow you to set a framerate cap if you want it. They have added in an adjustable FPS cap slider in the game options. The minimum setting is OFF (no cap).

So there we go. No doubt this is likely to be another masssive release and one that even creaky aging PCs will likely be able to play.

Our calculations suggest that a PC that is around 4 years old will be able to play this game fairly easily, providing it is DX11 capable.

Whats your thoughts on Black Ops 2?

This post has been promoted to an article

• 3 weeks later...

And now something that just "killed" my happiness about BO 2 ...

What anti-cheat will be used?

Anti-cheat is a top priority for Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. We have developed our own proprietary server-side anti-cheat technology which will work alongside VAC to deliver the most advanced detection and banning capabilities of any Call of Duty game to date. We have also improved our player reporting system to make it the most effective way that you can help us catch cheaters. And starting on launch day we will have a full-time dedicated pc anti-cheat team focused solely on detecting and banning cheaters. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. Cheaters bans are permanent.

Will Black Ops have Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers?

Both! Call of Duty®: Black Ops II PC combines matchmaking with secure ranked dedicated servers. This means that you get into Public Matches or League Play via matchmaking lobbies. It is easy to party up and play with your friends. You can adjust your classes or scorestreaks between matches. It also means that every Public or League match is hosted on a dedicated server running in one of our high bandwidth datacenters around the globe.

Will you release the server files?

No. We are keeping the server files secure to protect the game from hacking and cheating and ensure the ranking and progression system integrity.

Can I rent a server?

No. We are providing a huge number of servers around the world at no extra charge – plenty for everyone to enjoy. And we will administer the servers.

Will there be mod tools?

No. As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies.

100% of negative NEWS ...

Now something that made me very happy - makes me think , "if I should bother to buy BO2" since it seems that it will be worse than MW3 ...

( Source : http://community.cal...nd-server-intel )

Why is all that negative? Apart from the obvious, works for me. Dont think my laptop can handle it though. Already struggle with BO on medium settings.

I was talking about things added in my quote = everything 100% negative ( I didnt quote wattz ).

Dedi = NO

Server files = NO

Renting servers = NO

Mod Tools = NO

I would even guess that mentioned by them anti cheat will be piece of crap ...

I was talking about things added in my quote = everything 100% negative ( I didnt quote wattz ).

Dedi = NO

Server files = NO

Renting servers = NO

Mod Tools = NO

I would even guess that mentioned by them anti cheat will be piece of crap ...

DEDI

Server Files

Renting Servers

Dont matter, other recent games like MW3 - its not much you can do to change the config files. BF3 for instance, you cant do anything but for a few changes using a control panel, restricted by the same company - even the game provider is restricted and only a few are approved. Overall, wont be much different from the original BO (server side).

MOD Tools

Might be available later once the game is more mature.

Overall, wont be much different from the original BO (server side).

For me it sounds "very" different.

On "BO" - people / clans / communities - could order their own servers (from GameServers) and at least play in own friendly environment.

Now this option wont be possible since noone will be renting/providing servers for people that would like to have one.

Since the only way to play the game will be :

Will Black Ops have Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers?

Both! Call of Duty®: Black Ops II PC combines matchmaking with secure ranked dedicated servers. This means that you get into Public Matches or League Play via matchmaking lobbies. It is easy to party up and play with your friends.

Again , impossible to play by your own rules = without kids abusing you for being better / dealing with trolling "tools" / etc.

They are killing one good release after another.

Sad end.

I'm guessing that there will be lobbies like in MW3 and thats the only way to "create" a game.

And from what they wrote the only way to play on dedi will be playing on dedi hosted by TreyArch.

For me , they f.cked their PC community.

I was 100% sure that I will buy BO2 , because it was CoD released by TreyArch and since I like their releases the most.

Now , I'm rather 60% sure I wont be getting it , and it will be probably raising.

Nah I will eventually get it, need to add to my collection lol but only on Steam though, i dont want games everywhere and found using Steam easy when shifting pc's or backups. Not sure if BO2 will be on Steam or not. I really need a power laptop so that I can play ALL games and not just most games. I fancy BF3.

What about the other dlc's. What if you have ENG game can you add different region steam key?

At this point they only have the first one.

Good question , but I would (ONLY) guess that its possible to add DLC from different region but you would need to use VPN.

Hm , we would need to search for that to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out something crappy about RU release ...

Few sources say the same , you can read here what I mean :

http://steamunpowere...side-of-russia/

One more thing forces me to think its truth , my providers would have RU keys already - but they wont sell anything that could give them negative feedback ( what can I say providers with morals ;) )

So anyone interested in getting BO2 I would suggest getting it from your local gaming stores (or Steam).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.