Looking for a graphics card upgrade

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card from my ATI HD 5750 512MB as my brother is buying it off me...

I'm looking for a new card Nvidia or ATI (I prefer ATI but if I can find a Nvidia one that better and cheaper than an ATI I will go for it).

My price range is £0-160ish max would be £180 but hopefully lower...

Is going to be going in with my 650W PSU, Intel i3 @ 4ghz, 8gb ddr3 ram. and has to fit in the Antec 1200 case...

If you need any more details just ask... Also hoping to buy this by the end of November start of December

Just to say that if you're playing games which use PhysX then you should absolutely go for nVidia, that's what swung my decision after being a lifelong ATI fanboy :)

I'm a little out of date with graphics but i think that if you use an ATI card (which don't support PhysX) then your CPU has to do the physics calculations which obviously causes a slowdown even with multicore CPU's. I have been told (but i'm not sure) that there are some patched ATI drivers which allow your GPU to do the work, a GPU has more cores that operate differently from your CPU so they can do physics modelling faster. But even that is going to cause a performance drop on games with heavy physics like BF3.

Having said all of that, unless you're running a multi monitor display, at maximum resolution with all effects turned on and with a big monitor then using an ATI card should be fine. The only thing you will probably notice is increased GPU and CPU temperature.

But save yourself the hassle and go with nVidia :)

Yeh i will prob go with an Nvidia card but im gonna wait till the ATIHD7000 Series is out as that might drop the price of some of the nice nvidia cards... and there has been rumors that in december nvidia card are gonna drop by price to clear old stock...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.