'Matrix'-Style Effortless Learning

'Matrix'-Style Effortless Learning? Vision Scientists Demonstrate Innovative Learning Method

New research published December 8 in the journal Science suggests it may be possible to use brain technology to learn to play a piano, reduce mental stress or hit a curve ball with little or no conscious effort. It's the kind of thing seen in Hollywood's "Matrix" franchise.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/12/111212124603.htm

There are allegations that the universe is mental and i think that this article adds another plus to these allegations.

I remember reading about experiment with monkeys in somewhere between 60's and 70's if I remember correctly. It was performed on two separate islands, which had no connection with each other and the distance between them were like 20,000 km (or more). The thing is, on the 1st island monkeys were given potatoes. After some time, several of them noticed that if you wash them, potatoes become tastier. It took several year I guess (I can hardly remember the details now) and all the monkeys learned the technique to wash potatoes.

Now this is where things get interesting. As I said, there was no connection between those two islands, there were only observation devices on the second one, which were checked once a year (again, can't remember correctly), but the monkeys which lived on the second island learned the same thing at the same time, to wash potatoes that is. Later, scientists made a hipothesis that if specific number of individuals of the same race (it can be 100, 1000 or even more) learns one thing, the remaining ones can obtain the same knowledge unconciously. That, my friends, is called collective consciousness. I know that it sounds like science fiction, but if some say that there is an infinite number of parallel worlds, then doesn't it mean that this can be reality, which we still can not comprehend?

I remember reading about experiment with monkeys in somewhere between 60's and 70's if I remember correctly.

This is "The hundredth monkey effect":

Read here

I know that it sounds like science fiction, but if some say that there is an infinite number of parallel worlds, then doesn't it mean that this can be reality, which we still can not comprehend?

I share this kind of thinking, this can be good direction to discussion. What was.. "Open your mind Neo"?:cool:

Similar things have been observed, theres a ird called a blue tit, in Scotland it figured out how to peck open a milk bottle top and around the same time at the other end of the country the birds worked it out at the same time.

I think it has less to do with something as esoteric as collective conciousness and more to do with the fact that the species has a similar size brain, similar size group and faced with the same problem so it's likely they will figure out the problem at the same rate. Like having two 1 ghz computers work out the same mathematical problem within roughly the same time if all parameters are identical.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.