Hill Walking (3day backpacking)

Hey Guys, just thought id ask some advice...

Im going on a 3day backpacking trip in Scotland (so lots of hills, streams to cross and many other obstacles)

I have got my rucksack, boots (waterproof), tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, basic cooking stuff, food (pasta, rice, cuppasoup and venison for the first night), Ive got one of those hydration packs.

I have also made up a map of my route so i know where im going and have got a compass.

I still need to invest in a torch and possibly some cloths suitable for the great Scottish weather.

But i keep thinking i am forgetting something, any ideas?

Yeah, First Aid is a must. Some waterproof clothes would be good too. By cooking stuff you meant the tourism gasstove and something like that? I also recommend you getting flashlight just in case. I can't think of anything else, because I never been in Scotland and I don't know what kind of weather is there.

When buying clothes make sure they're comfortable, durable and warm enough if the temperature get's low.

Yeah, First Aid is a must. Some waterproof clothes would be good too. By cooking stuff you meant the tourism gasstove and something like that? I also recommend you getting flashlight just in case. I can't think of anything else, because I never been in Scotland and I don't know what kind of weather is there.

When buying clothes make sure they're comfortable, durable and warm enough if the temperature get's low.

Yeh my dad has a little gas stove, i am going to be getting a torch :)

About the weather in Scotland... One minute it could be sunny, then rain and maybe snow... its random weather here different everyday :)

Hey Guys, just thought id ask some advice...

Im going on a 3day backpacking trip in Scotland (so lots of hills, streams to cross and many other obstacles)

I have got my rucksack, boots (waterproof), tent, sleeping bag, roll mat, basic cooking stuff, food (pasta, rice, cuppasoup and venison for the first night), Ive got one of those hydration packs.

I have also made up a map of my route so i know where im going and have got a compass.

I still need to invest in a torch and possibly some cloths suitable for the great Scottish weather.

But i keep thinking i am forgetting something, any ideas?

Dont go on your own :). You will have to bring all the food you need for the 3 days unless you intend to fish etc. Sounds nice. I would like to do the same later this year.

Yeh im doing the trip with my dad, also we have plenty of food and there is a restaurant we can stop at on the route (2nd day)

The place we are going it in the Cairngorms National Park so lots of nice big hills :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.