Buy / Sell

Whoops

A few bugs but workable and we can certainly start to sell/ buy. Note: At the moment the buyer/ seller will arrange payment - there is no AUTO payment active via the forum. When you bid/ buy/ sell - you will receive a PM about the potential sale/auction. You must then arrange payment with seller/ buyer. Have attached full features and what it can do. We have noticed a few spelling mistakes, it is not us but the script :)

1.- How it works

• A user posts an Ad. If the user hasn't post a profile before, the system auto creates one for him, populating it with any data there are in his forum profile.
  • Members who are searching or browsing ads can see his ad. According the adtype (For-sale, Wanted, Auction), they can Buy it or Bid on it. The ad becomes invisible to public.
  • System PMs seller about the sale. Seller can accept or decline the sale. In case of accept the ad is marking as pending payment. If seller declines the sale, the ad is activating again.
  • When the payment is done, seller marks it as paid, the ad is removing from the server (with all related photos and attachments), and some data remain for history only.
  • System PMs buyer that the sale has been finalized, and prompts him to rate and review the seller.
  • In a time frame that admin has setup, seller and buyer can review each other. During this period reviews are hidden. When the time frame expires, the reviews become visible. Also with the help of a cron job, there is a check which activates reviews, even before the expiration, if both parties have post the review.
2.- Frontend Features

• 3 types of Classifieds (For-Sale, Wanted, Auction).
  • Different look for each type.
  • Powerfull Search engine
  • What's New (Last 7, 14, 21, 30 days)
  • Buyer can rate Seller, but also Seller can rate Buyer.
  • Profile Information
  • Full contact details
  • Google Map Locator
  • Value as Seller:

• Rating
    • Total Sales
    • Total Amount of sold items
  • Value as Buyer:

• Rating
    • Total orders that he placed
    • Total amount of his orders
  • Active Ads
  • Sold Ads
  • Reviews that he gots as Seller (from Buyers)
  • Reviews that he gots as Buyer (from Sellers)
  • Contact form
  • Information Blocks in Main page:

• Auctions to Expire
    • Random Classifieds
    • Premium Classifieds
    • Premium Profiles
    • Newest Individual Ads
    • Newest Store Ads
    • Top Sellers (Rating)
    • Top Buyers (Rating)
    • Best Sellers (Amount of items that he sold)
    • Best Buyers (Amount of items that he bought)
  • User can bookmark an Ad
  • User can mark to follow a category, so he will get a PM for each new ad placed in that category (including subcategories).
  • Logon user can:

• Post an Ad (if it is permitting by his usergroup permissions).
    • Edit his profile
    • See the public view of his profile
    • My Classifieds section with:

• Active Ads with options to Edit, Hide, Activate (if hidden) or Delete it
    • Hidden Ads with options to Activate or Delete
    • Accept Sales. List all Ads that have expired (if auction) or someone asked to buy them. Options: Accept sale, Reject sale, Delete Ad
    • Pending Ads, showing the ads awaiting to be paid. Options to close the sale (after payment), or to reactivate the ad
    • Sold Ads
  • My Bids
  • My Bookmarks
  • My Watch categories
  • My History, showing:

• Items that I sold
    • Items that I bought
  • Attractive interface
  • Easy to understand and use by your members
  • Certified Members

The idea was to setup a small handling charge that would go to the community (less than ebay fees). It would be incorporated into another 'point' system. 2-3 systems integrated is quite complex and it may be possible long term. For now, any sale/buy is directly between seller and buyer. We take nothing. This system is on trial still (testing for bugs) but can be used.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.