Xfire Error

Hi guys, I wasted all day trying to figure out what is wrong with my Xfire. I cant seem to log in, I get the message: "Error connecting to Xfire server". I have tried almost every solutions via google but nothing worked. The only solution I heard works was to reinstall Windows but I don't want to do that.

If anyone have any solutions then please let me know.

Thank you,

Amrit

The only solution I heard works was to reinstall Windows but I don't want to do that.

Someone who recommended that solution is an idiot.

And good that you didnt do that.

I thought that maybe their server is down , but I just tried to log in and didnt had any problems.

I would say try to reinstall XFire client (take maybe 3 min and doesnt delete anything as important as OS) , cuz maybe some of your XFire files got corrupted.

If that wont help , let us know :)

I advice u to do a system restore :

click the Start button . In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point which is 3 days ago or i prefer to choose week back and restore your computer.

click finish and that should help u , let us know if its fixed ;)

I did the system restore from about 5 days but I still cant login to Xfire, anything else that I should try? Sorry for the late reply.

At this point I have no idea whats wrong.

When it happend to me few times , I waited a day and it was OiK again.

And then notice poped on my XFire that they had server problems.

But after checking XFires forum : http://www.xfire.com/forums/182686/topic/3400067/

It seems you are not the only one , date also proves that they started with that problem 1 - 2 days ago - same as you.

I would suggest replying in that thread , maybe when more people write about it there - they will give helping hand.

But after checking XFires forum : http://www.xfire.com/forums/182686/topic/3400067/

It seems you are not the only one , date also proves that they started with that problem 1 - 2 days ago - same as you.

I would suggest replying in that thread , maybe when more people write about it there - they will give helping hand.

Ok, will do. Thanks for helping me with this guys! :D

Ok, will do. Thanks for helping me with this guys! :D

No problem , if I only can - I will always help ;)

Add everything you did by now , when you will be replying.

(Restoring system / reinstalling etc. - will definitely help others and maybe even their staff).

Good luck :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.