PC Problems, Hardware, Software - Help here!

If anyone's got any PC / Virus / spyware / drivers / network / laptop / software / hardware issues - get them posted here! Been working in IT for many many years now, desktop support, network admin, server configuration, IT Consultancy - Willing to help out with any problems u got.

I'll even waiver my fee i usually charge ;)

• 1 month later...

Okay.. Might be somewhat wierd question to this section.. And it ain't really a problem, just a request of mine.

So I have theese internal SATA HDD-drives, mounted in a little usb-box to make it external. Now, even if my computer goes down to energy saving mode and shuts down the internal harddrive, the external don't. So my problem is that I often turn my computer off, but forget to turn the external drives off. So it spins.. Round and round.. 7.500 rpm.. Just like the song..... All night.. All night, spinning me round round baby round round.... And then all day... til I get home from work, about to start it up along with the computer, notice it's already spinning.. And then its the same story over and over again.

Can I somehow force my external disks to automaticly shut down or enter sleep mode after a certain time of inactivity? Because the way it is now, my external "backup"-disc's will work it's way to the junkyard faster than a tripping midget hits the ground. (No offence, all midgets on epicdot). So ya... maybe it is a problem after all.

I have the same here , I connect my SATA HDD, on usb box to my pc, but as Intru3r55 say's, i have power supply with that box, when i need to use i turn it on,then shut it down... As long as the box on the HDD will be spins..

And about USB support even if you login to windows step you cannt change it ,the only way is to get power supply, to cut off the electirc circle.. i have try al the ways to find even some program do that outo log off,but no chance at all.

BTW..I can help also with these things, any program guys you want will be here..for anything even for hack..lol

okies i have a problem now. I can't seem to open a few websites eg paypal,wordpress,adbrite etc. Somedays they open fine not a problem at all but most of the time they don't open at all .

They just don't load. I have flushed dns, cleared cookies, temp files etc . I guess i have imported a local host file from 3rd party which is gives me the trouble randomly.

Right now for last 1 hour am trying to open wordpress.com and the page only shows waiting for s0.wp.com . Tried to open it with firefox and chrome too but it gets stuck there. Any help would be seriously appreciated :)

you tried different browsers? which one u using? don't think it's the hosts file, once thats mod'd you'd never get access to those sites.

Failing what, Get malwarebytes, Turn system restore off (IMPORTANT) update it, reboot into safemode and run a FULL scan. Sounds a bit suspicious...

OK...Hyperion..

I want you to try open this website(www.virustotal.com), now if this web work on your net then we have another proplem .if this web doesnt work that mean you have malware,or virus, these viruses block some of websites, even if you have antivirus on your pc...And to solve this proplem from the root (FORMAT YOUR PC)

• 4 weeks later...

Guys Need help here.. i install COD4 on my 2nd pc and every time i went to the server i got kick for(punckbuster kick player for(2 min)...violation(gamehack)#81000)..this messege i got, and i upate pb manual and same proplem i get.

Any idea to make the game work on my 2nd Bit*ch

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.