Looking for a new D-SLR Camera

Hey, as the title says I'm looking for a new camera, but I would quite like a DSLR to capture some of the amazing Scottish scenery up here in the highlands of Scotland :)

I have never owned a D-SLR before but i know some of the basics...

My budget is £400 but I can stretch to £450 maximum (preferable not though)

I am looking for one that comes with a lens (any size will do)

I have been looking at the Canon EOS 1100D or Canon EOS 1000D, they seem ok and my dad has some old EF lenses i could use with either of them.

My preferably manufacturer's would be Canon, Nikon or Sony but i will happily look at any other ones suggested.

i been wanting to get a new camera for ages but just aint had the budget, i have a Canon E05 500 (spool driven bad boy) at the moment, but really want to get the digital version so i can get in about some RAW editing.

on my personal wish list is: http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_500D/

remember to post some links once you make your choice mate :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just ordered the Canon EOS 450D, it should arrive on thursday, i will be taking it way at the weekend for a trip up north...

Also I will be away on Holiday next week (Switzerland/Lichtenstein/Austria) So i will get some nice photo's of the alps hopefully :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.