Powerful laptop

Hey, soldiers!

I need a new laptop. It should be powerful enough.

It should probably have at least 4 GB (6 GB is OK too) RAM and a good video card.

The laptop should run MW2/3, BF2/3 AND the most important: AutoCAD 2008 LT and 2011.

Obviously I do not care if the manufacturer is ACER or ASUS, but those manufacturers make really good laptops.

No matter if the system runs on Vista / Win7, I have many spare Installation CD's.

The price should not be more than 900€. Recommended price between 500~650€.

So, why did I post this here?

I believe here is someone really experienced with IT/Computers and may suggest me good laptops.

I do not seriously know nothing about RAMs and Video Drivers.

One laptop I've been looking is ACER Aspire 7551G and it has Radeon HD 6650M -video card (1 GT DDR3) + 6 GB RAM.

I do not know if it runs the games / softwares mentioned above.

This is where I need your help, sir!

Regards,

iJamie

PS. I do not need a PC.

One laptop I've been looking is ACER Aspire 7551G and it has Radeon HD 6650M -video card (1 GT DDR3) + 6 GB RAM

I just bought a similar laptop. A Toshiba P750/P755 with Nvidia GeForce GT 540M 1GB dedicated. The GPU is up and below the Radeon HD 6650M, depending on which game. With the above you will be able to play most games. Make sure the laptop does not get too hot. The Acer is known to get warm, my Tosh keeps cool even under heavy load. Mine is i7 with sandy bridge.

I would go with your Acer Aspire. They are good value for money.

Edited by Whoops

Acer is good value for money, but the build quality is poo.

TBH, you won't be using more than 4GB of ram, and go for a i5-ish processor. I believe i7 is too expensive.

As for the videocard, the 6650M is a good choice, but according to http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html , its ranked at 103. Try to go for something within the 70-100 range.

As for the manufacturers, DELL, ASUS, LENOVO are solid choices.

Never go for ACER. Just my two cents.

I dont know what I have against them, just... :D

I decided to get Acer Aspire 5742G. (:

Specs:

# Intel Core i5-480M 2.66 GHz

# 8 GB DDR3 1066 MHz

# 500 GB 5400 rpm SATA

# 15.6" WXGA (1366x768) Acer CineCrystal HD

# Nvidia Geforce GT 540 2 GB

# DVD+/- RW DL

# WLAN b/g/n, Gigabit Ethernet

# 4400 mAh 6x cell battery

# 3 x USB 2.0

# HDMI, VGA

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.