Battlefield 3 Beta to be released on 27th and 29th

woof

The Battlefield 3 beta date was announced yesterday and was an expected date (late September). September 29th is when the open beta starts and September 27th is when the closed beta starts. The closed beta is for those who pre-order Battlefield 3 through Origin or pre-ordered Medal of Honor. But there has been a lot of questions concerning many aspects of the beta. We've compiled verified facts on top of EA's announcements to help you better understand the Battlefield 3 beta.

So How Do I Gain Access To The Beta?

If you pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin or pre-order Medal of Honor then you will get access to the beta 48 hours prior to everyone else. If you're on the PC download Origin and check the demo page (your early beta access code will be emailed to you).

PS3 users can check the Playstation Network Store for the beta. Your code will also be emailed to you.

Xbox 360 users will look in the Xbox Live Marketplace and will also receive their early access code via email. Users for all three platforms who do not qualify for the 48 hour bonus will have access to the beta in the described stores/pages on September 29th. Currently, only Swedish users have been emailed! No information on when other nations will start to receive their keys.

What's this Battlelog stuff I keep hearing?

Battlelog is a free service operated by EA that allows you to not only track your stats, awards, and game progress, but also allows to you socialize with friends and plan your next Battlefield 3 match!

I'm on a PC, what should I expect in terms of Battlefield 3's system requirements?

Those requirements can be found here: http://www.enterbf3.com/battlefield-3-minimum-requirements.php

I haven't pre-ordered BF3 yet, will I still have early beta access though?

As long as you pre-order by September 25, 2011 you will early access to Battlefield 3's beta.

I want to play the beta on my PC instead of PS3/Xbox 360.

Unfortunately keys can not be transferred from platform to platform. However, the open beta will start on the 29th allowing you to access the beta from all of your gaming platforms.

I bought Medal of Honor via Steam, how do I get my beta access key?

To access your key, launch Steam. Once in Steam open Medal of Honor in your game library and select the "CD Key" link to find your BF3 beta key.

Any restrictions on playtime?

Nope! You're able to access all parts of the beta while it's available to play (September 27th - October 10th). Better yet, you can play all the way through the fifty ranks in Battlefield 3.

So my points will carry over to the final version?

As we expected, your points will not carry over to release day (October 25, 2011). Everyone's stats will be reset, so that upon release date, no one has a leg up on other players.

I have other questions, how can I get them answered?

Our Battlefield 3 forums are filled with very knowledgeable BF3 fans and may be able to help. If your question is still not answered try contacting EA's customer service!

P.S Sorry if its a repost :P

Can you pre order BF3 on Steam?

They probably decided to leave steam and go with digital copies only.

I read a while after releasing BBC2 that a lot of people whined about steam release , cuz game was screwed at the beginning since EA servers were down a lot and people that got the game on steam had to deal with EA being down and steam servers doing the same - mostly not a the same time.

So when people that had digital copies could play people from steam were screwed thanks to steam being OFFLINE.

Or maybe they will add it on steam few days before release.

Who knows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.