BF3 Hates My PC!

Ok I've searched and searched forums and haven't found a solution to this problem so I'm asking for help. I got BF3 and every time i try and play it the game black screens on the intro, sound disappears and the entire computer just hangs. No way back to windows, no ctrl-alt-delete, nothing.

I tried updating my nvidia drivers but they won't even install, I made sure to have admin priviliges, ran it in admin mode, did everything i can but they won't install, just says "failed to install". It's definitely the right driver for my card, downloaded twice. Completely uninstalled old drivers, rebooted, tried installing new ones and nope, not happening.

System Specs

Core i7 2600k

Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti

12 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram

WD Caviar Black 500GB

Water cooled with a Corsair H80

Win 7 Ultimate

So any suggestions guys? Please I want to play BF3!

Not 100%, but sure someone said its a driver issue with the GTX 560Ti and nvidia are working on a solution. Maybe someone else can shed a little more light on the matter.

Ahh damn why did it have to be my specific model! lol oh well that clears things up for me, at least I know I am not just being an idiot :)

Thanks.

Not 100%, but sure someone said its a driver issue with the GTX 560Ti and nvidia are working on a solution. Maybe someone else can shed a little more light on the matter.

yeh its a driver issuse friend of mine has the same problem ..try lowering textures to medium or high and turning shadows off ;)

yeh its a driver issuse friend of mine has the same problem ..try lowering textures to medium or high and turning shadows off ;)

Game won't even boot into the menu atm, it did the first time but now it just blackscreens once it goes past the credits. Guess i'll just wait until the driver fix comes out.

Thanks for the build compliment, i didn't list it to show off, just so everyone knew i wasn't trying to run BF3 on a piece of garbage :)

Maybe i can fix it for you . i'll access your pc and install a tiny software and Start repairing your drivers !

Let me know if you agree .

iF yes then : Download Team Viewer and PM the ID and the Password and what time you are free so we can start .

iF no then : I'll send you a link to download that software and try it yourself .

Cheers.

Never Mind the previous Post Just Follow my Guide here and i'm sure it will help you out

http://www.epicdot.com/forum/showthread.php?1516-Driver-Checker&p=7254#post7254

Please update us if its fixed

I can't see that post when i click it says "Somerset, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:".

I can't see that post when i click it says "Somerset, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:".

its in the private file sharing section for admin and donators/contributers im afraid ,i spec if you pm focked he can pm you a link for it ;)

its in the private file sharing section for admin and donators/contributers im afraid ,i spec if you pm focked he can pm you a link for it ;)

Yup , it is in a priv section.

Section has the same rights as RCON section (Private - not for sharing in public).

So next time , check 5 times before posting any links guys ...

• 2 weeks later...

omg omg omg seriously now its time for me to panic !!! I ordered bf3 and what if it does not run on my pc ? system requirements test already gave me Fail result for my Nvidia 9500 gt Card omg !!!

And I begged and went on hunger strike for 2 days to get the money for it .. if it does not work its gonna be too much humiliating for me !

omg omg omg seriously now its time for me to panic !!! I ordered bf3 and what if it does not run on my pc ? system requirements test already gave me Fail result for my Nvidia 9500 gt Card omg !!!

And I begged and went on hunger strike for 2 days to get the money for it .. if it does not work its gonna be too much humiliating for me !

how much does a gtx 260 cost where u live m8 ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.