Black Ops PC - Still worth buying ?

Hey there guys !

I have a quick question to all Black Ops PC owners out there : Is Black Ops as of now still worth buying for the PC ?

After playing alterOps for two days I am really thinking about eventually getting it but i am not sure if this is a good idea. The game runs perfect on my system , that's not the problem but I ask myself if there are still enough players that play BO on a daily basis ? Could someone who owns the game tell me approximately how many servers / players there are ? I can remember that the Xbox360 version had a little world map telling you how many players are online at the moment. And what is also important to me : Are there many servers with DLC content ? It's because I do not want to buy all those map packs as they would cost a huge ton of money all together.

Thanks in advance,

tac ;)

Is Black Ops as of now still worth buying for the PC ?

Yes.

I ask myself if there are still enough players that play BO on a daily basis ?

Crap load of people , but about more specific number timezone/location would be the best answer.

Could someone who owns the game tell me approximately how many servers / players there are ?

Crap load (x2) - at this moment 3908 servers ONline (ingame server list notice).

And what is also important to me : Are there many servers with DLC content ? It's because I do not want to buy all those map packs as they would cost a huge ton of money all together.

There is a lot of servers with and without DLCs ;)

You wont be having problems to find server with/without them ;)

If you are asking me personally my answer would be no..

but I am not you and youre not me so , it all depends on how much you like the game, and if you like it enough to pay for treyarch's efforts and creativity

I like the game (you dont).

For me "parts" released by Trayarch are the best from series ( WaW / BO ) , rest ? Lets say ... diarrhea ... (well maybe except COD4).

Creativity ?

Hard to not notice that each next part released by IW is a copy ( IW actually said that about MW3 ... ) --- (with same sh.tty perks / death perks / kill streaks / features / ideas ... we can add copying others to that , like a lot of people already noticed in MW3) of their last game.

But it seems all "players" that like MW2/MW3 are IW fanboys (someone wants to verify it , check any COD/gaming forum/YT video/etc.) and all say the same "Trayarch is crap , they make sh.tty COD games" ---> ( I would like to ask those people to check facts , "who" added more useless/rage inducing crap to the game ? :lol: )

Someone needs any examples ? Lets take 2 last "parts" released by those 2 "companies" :

Trayarch --> WaW <-> BO = similar in any case ? Cant find anything else that would match this question better than ... "No".

IW --> MW2 <-> MW3 = similar in any case ? Hmm , anyone has any ideas ( what we shouldnt write :lol: )

We all have our own opinions and those are like "butt" (to write it without cursing) everyone has one and they all are full of crap.

tactical - you liked the game when "testing it" , then you will like it after buying ;)

( Was thinking about putting "few lines" differently to avoid replies about me "attacking" but ... who gives a "flying cow" , people will "get" what I wrote the way they want/prefer )

This would be my "opinion" ( + few additional facts ).

S

Edited by Stiuart

Thanks for your replys guys :D

I have decided that i will buy BO asap and it would be really cool if we could have a game or two together :)

In my opinion Black ops is a great game with excellent weapon balancing and there are not as many annoying things as in mw2 or mw3. The only two negative aspects that I don't like about treyarch/Black Ops is that they bring out so many mappacks and each for like 10 - 15€ which is waaayyy to much if you pay the full price for the game already.

Another thing is the performance issues that came with the PC version of the game. It was a mess in the beginning (not relevant as it has been fixed already but im just sayin') and its pretty sad that this game is only fluently playable with a quadcore cpu although black ops uses a modded Cod:waw engine. I mean its no problem for me as I own a Quad atm but in general i think there could have been done a bit more in the pc version development. Too bad CoD builds so heavily on consoles

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.