cod4 wont start :(

i reinstalled COD 4 last night but i cant get the MP to start without crashing :o ,ive tried plugging in the microphone as suggested on google but it doesnt seem to work for me(think its because my sound runs through my HD cable via spdif) any body know of a fix or another way around this?

im using windows 7 premium 64bit.

have you tried running the sound through the normal port?

yeh but with the spdif lead connected and the sound running through my HD cable the normal sound ports are unresponsive, if i plug my headphones in(front or back) i get no sound and it still comes out through the tv speakers,got the lastest drivers for the sound as well :( think i mite try dissconnecting the spdif cable in sec and see if i get any luck

It could happen for a number of reasons, it could be a corrupt sound driver (without sound drives my cod doesnt work -.- ) It could be a directx error (corrupt/bugged dirx). It could also be an error within your operating system (virus or other infection that messes with your system).

If all else fails a format will solve the problem but it is a pain in the .. :)

I have one of my pc connect through HD and the games running perfect there,what the messege you get when you open ?is it *chicken version?

yeh is cracked version patched to 1.7 , only messege it gives me is that cod4mp.exe has stopped working windows is looking for a solution to the problem ,then another messege says no solution has been found etc.. please close the program :(

COD4 crashing with or without headset, did you install all the .net/ directx framework software. Is single player working? Have you tried to plug in a mic? (I know it sounds weird but in some cases works)

it crashes with or without my headphones in ,i havent got a mic atm my fatalitys broke recently and using a old set of headphones ,i read on google that if i plug the headphone jack in the microphone socket it would do the same as a mic to start the game? but ive had no luck :( all the .net etc... are installed i havent tried single player yet but will shortly .

aye try that, also try running the game in compatibility mode :)

havent tryed taking out the spdif yet but am gonna power down in sec and unwire it and see if i havee probs without it ,tried in compatibility mode and as running as admin but no luck :(

It could happen for a number of reasons, it could be a corrupt sound driver (without sound drives my cod doesnt work -.- ) It could be a directx error (corrupt/bugged dirx). It could also be an error within your operating system (virus or other infection that messes with your system).

If all else fails a format will solve the problem but it is a pain in the .. :)

ive uninstalled my sound drivers and reinstalled them again but no joy :( thinking i mite have to try the reformat soon and see if i have any luck ;)

FINALLY!!!!!!! lol a result :D :D :D , ive had to unplug the spdif cable for now (will try later with it in again) seems it was a issue with alienwares realtek driver i uninstalled the sound again and let windows update the driver instead plugged hy headphone jack into the mic socket an voila up an running :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.