Pre-order battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of its time with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE's cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York.

Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles. Other returning fan favourite features include 64 players for PC and prone.

It is very likely that there will be an |ED| server available once the game has been released.

• 5 weeks later...

yeh i might get this game instead of MW3 (i say this and will end up getting both)

What is the minimum specs, i cant find them... or have they not been given yet??

i dont think theres been any offical release of system specs needed this site http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/ seems to give wht i feel is will be a realistic comparison of whats needed ....looks like windows XP users are gonna miss out unless they upgrade OS as dx9 isnt supported

Why not get a Phenom II X6 1090T or 1100T ? 6 cores is better than 4 i belive :P

Ah , so you are one of those people that put everything that is the highest/newest model just cuz.

Waste of money like all Alienware PCs.

6 is more than 4 , not necessary better ...

More people should configure their PCs better , instead of going for something that has "more cores" / "costs more" , etc.

When I was configuring my PC years ago I went for Dual Core instead of Quad , why ?

Not because it was cheaper but because nothing (besides PhotoShop) could actually use those 4cores.

So we made a circle , short , waste of money.

Unless your going to use 3dsmax and do a lot of rendering, you don't need 6 cores.

I just used 3dsmax as an example.

I know that 6 cores are very much performace but you would be prepared for the feature for very little money :o Of course there are Intel quad cores that achive better benchmarks but that's why they are so much more expensive.

I also bought a Duo Core one year ago instead of a Quad. I regret that because me personally , I need alot of multitasking and that's why :o

Also if you get a good cooler with the X6 you can overclock it to 4GHz with ease which allows you to have better performance than Intels i7's. For me its just the price .. i think that 140€ are awesome ... I paid 180€ one year ago for my Core2Duo E8500 :/

Edited by tactical

• 2 weeks later...

I know that 6 cores are very much performace but you would be prepared for the feature for very little money :o Of course there are Intel quad cores that achive better benchmarks but that's why they are so much more expensive.

I also bought a Duo Core one year ago instead of a Quad. I regret that because me personally , I need alot of multitasking and that's why :o

Also if you get a good cooler with the X6 you can overclock it to 4GHz with ease which allows you to have better performance than Intels i7's. For me its just the price .. i think that 140€ are awesome ... I paid 180€ one year ago for my Core2Duo E8500 :/

You are right mate, when i upgrade my pc i always think about the future i dont want to change components every year. I care allot about price performance, i dont like to trow away money.

Edited by V3NOM

You are right mate, when i upgrade my pc i always think about the future i dont want to change components every year. I care allot about price performance, i dont like to trow away money.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.