Server Idea?

How about a server only for ED members? a place where we can meet up and compete against each other. If so add random competitive mods too like Demolition, Sabotage, CTF, SND. With rules like, i dont know no last stand and such. things that make the game bad.

its not a good idea is it? it randomly hit me so dont judge hard..

Edited by HaxorISay

I dont think he means just ED staff, i believe he means registered people who are signed up on ED. I think that idead sounds good Haxor, there are always a fair few people who sign in regular to the forums, just thinking about it without looking i know of at least 20+ people who are regular posters. I may get slammed down for this.

+1 from me

Really good idea. There is so much more fun to play with people you know through, for example, Search and Destroy. Sometimes it's just a bunch of randoms that you don't know at all and then you just get bored.

Sry for my bad English. Really tired today! :D

Seems I will be first ...

Really NOT a good idea (why ?).

1. It would have to be password secure server or everyone could join (also people that have no idea what ED is).

2. MW2 servers use the most resources and adding private server would be a good idea ONLY if it would be busy 24/7 (rented by clan , so ED could get something from it)

3. Everyone would have to agree which gametype/mode should be played , and not something like "add S&D it will be great" - just because S&D is always busy and you cant get on there.

4. Someone who plays there has to be what ? Registered member of ED ? Very active member of forum ? You have to know him personally ?

5. Everyone playing there has to be monitored 24/7 just so people not "involved"/registered on ED could be booted off ?

I would rather approve adding another public MW2 server with different gametype (HQ / SAB / etc.) than priv server that wont be busy 24/7 and will be only a place for someone who cant join already existed ED server thanks to being FULL.

My opinion.

Great idea HaxorIsay, but i tend to agree more with Stiuart a diffrent game type open to all would be better.Maybe a mixed game type server(Sab,Dom&TDM) rotating game type and map.

well i came up with this idea because i wanted a server where i can play with all the people i know. but that can happen on another server yes, but ED servers most of the time are full so a private ED member only server is what i came up with :\

Yes, it has been already thought of. If you are a registered member you can play, if you are not - you won't have access. The problem is that there is no way to integrate an auto system. Can do it manually and set a pass on all the servers and post the pass but the community isn't large enough to have players 24/7 online. Something will be done though, our servers are busy almost 24/7 but few or nobody is helping out with donations. Another change is that new admins now how to help per month in donations. That won't affect existing admins but if they are not active, will be removed and if added back, they too have to contribute. We use premium hardware and bandwidth, if people want some FUN - somebody is paying for it. To be honest gone too long anyway.

I have an idea... not sure if its possible but what about a server that plays every map and every game type... E.G one round could be TDM on crash then the next round could be FFA on carnival and so on with all the other maps and gametypes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.