No more admins?

Application form has been amended to reflect http://www.epicdot.com/forum/showthread.php?154-How-to-become-an-admin-or-apply-for-RCON-access ALL NEW admins are now required to donate towards the service they are using. I have always maintained that your contribution small or great - will not change our service but appreciated. However, seeing some servers are full 24/7 but nobody or few get involved; speaks for itself, cannot continue forever. Another reason is that the more admins who donate, very likely that players will too at some point. We use premium hardware on premium bandwidth. We can also close our service with VIP access for a few but that would not be much fun.

A typical donation is $5/$10 per month, there is no average as it depends on your circumstances. A keen player/admin in a full time job may donate a much higher amount, but that is up to you. You dont have to donate at all but then again - you will need to find another community. |ED| players who donate via subscriptions will have VIP on our servers.

Existing admins are excempted but inactive admins will be removed and if they re-join will have to follow the guide above. Sorry guys and girls. Fun is over, time to be serious as we are expanding our service to cover more countries and games. We dont want the quantity of players but quality. I rather sponsor 20 mature players than 900 moaning kids.

PayPal account is not needed. We use PayPal as the merchant and the system will accept all credit/debit cards in your own country (in addition to the normal PayPal system).

Edited by Whoops

They will have slots reserved. There are a few options. We can't obviously reserve slots for 50 people (as an example), and that may be difficult on a 18 slots server where you reserve 2 slots. Other options are password protected servers for VIP Community only. This may not make any sense to you, but lets say you have a bunch of people who would like to have a quality session with some friends/ others in the Community. Since they have all donated, game play might be more fun and you focus on the game rather than the moans and the kids stuff you find often on the servers. Eventually, you will have more mature players and it will also attract more people.

Edited by Whoops

oh dear :( i guess i will need to find a new community?? cos money is really bad for me just now... and im a student :(

I have always wanted to donate to EpicDot but i need to buy a Phone, Camera, stuff for college and i need to learn to drive...

I will try to raise some money to donate but im not promising that i will have any spare cash till the end of the year :(

driving is easy james!! better learn the basics on your own, learn the signs and then go to a school! im 16 and i can drive a tractor, and a car :P:D

Yeh im planning to learn the basics with my parents... dont think they will let me drive their BMW...

But i havent even ordered a provisional yet cos im so poor or needing more important things first...

This is very sad news for me. Reason is that i have wife and a kid and no job currently (and im a student) so i really cant spare cash to donate. I wanted to become admin to help,i am not virtual power-hungry kid so now i feel lame. By the way Whoops,you could just send me a PM and i would not bother you any more about my application.

This is very sad news for me. Reason is that i have wife and a kid and no job currently (and im a student) so i really cant spare cash to donate. I wanted to become admin to help,i am not virtual power-hungry kid so now i feel lame. By the way Whoops,you could just send me a PM and i would not bother you any more about my application.

As i've explained and i bet others have too - admin status is not granted immediately but players are monitored for their attitude and game play. You are very impatient about wanting this access. This isn't the place to discuss your application.

donate what u can, when you can. I'm happy to admit i don't donate monthly as i have other commitments but i do send something, when i can.

I did not say that he came up with it now,just said that PM would be enough. I will give you example so you can better understand my feelings. You ask your friend to give you some money on loan and then he puts add in newspaper where he says that he will not\does not have.I hope you get the picture now.

As i've explained and i bet others have too - admin status is not granted immediately but players are monitored for their attitude and game play. You are very impatient about wanting this access. This isn't the place to discuss your application.

donate what u can, when you can. I'm happy to admit i don't donate monthly as i have other commitments but i do send something, when i can.

I am sorry for my wrong choice of place, it will not happen again and i will not make further enquire.

I forgot to add,soon as a I get a job (that could take time) i will start donating (i know bills does not get paid by them self) regardless of my status on ED because i play only here and would like to continue doing so.

I did not say that he came up with it now,just said that PM would be enough. I will give you example so you can better understand my feelings. You ask your friend to give you some money on loan and then he puts add in newspaper where he says that he will not\does not have.I hope you get the picture now.

Maybe I need a coffee or two but I'm still none the wiser :(

If you had read the RCON post, it does actually mention about the new rules. I just added a few lines (yesterday) but everything else already written and there for ages.

Guys, no need to list up all the excuses. If you cant you cant or wont you wont - simple as that. All this about jobs, wife, college and what not. Read original post, circumstances may be different for people but the general rule is - if you can afford a pint of lager, you can also afford to donate this off the next round. We appreciate that it may not be possible for personal reasons, but no need to create a long list as to why you cant.

Guys, no need to list up all the excuses. If you cant you cant or wont you wont - simple as that. All this about jobs, wife, college and what not. Read original post, circumstances may be different for people but the general rule is - if you can afford a pint of lager, you can also afford to donate this off the next round. We appreciate that it may not be possible for personal reasons, but no need to create a long list as to why you cant.

Once again,i am sorry because i brought this up and i do not expect to be privileged in any way. Thank you for your time.

Eventually, you will have more mature players and it will also attract more people.

Finally :)

if i may ask 2 questions !1st- I want to Donate for 3 players or more , is that possible ? E.G ( Me , Sikorsky , woof .etc ) !

2nd : About becoming an Admin : what is the age limit for this rule besides the personality of that Person and his In-game behavior who will decide that?:twisted:

other than That , Its A good idea , Keep it up ED :cool:

I want to Donate for 3 players or more , is that possible ? E.G ( Me , Sikorsky , woof .etc )

is this along side them putting applications for RCON posts? I'd wait till their applications for RCON status get approved before donating for them. For me, Sik doesn't have the right attitude.

2nd : About becoming an Admin : what is the age limit for this rule besides the personality of that Person and his In-game behavior who will decide that?

there's no physical age limit, anyone can apply it's how they ACT. you get some real idiots who are over 40 - and some well balanced 12 yr olds. It's down to the individual.

I'm only speaking for myself here and how i see it, i'm not trying to put words into peoples mouths here (the site admins) - I'm an RCON and don't have the final say on the rules, just try to uphold them as best i can

if i may ask 2 questions !1st- I want to Donate for 3 players or more , is that possible ? E.G ( Me , Sikorsky , woof .etc )

Donating doesnt mean being added to RCON group.

If someone wants to donate without any hidden reason - nice from him , but everyone should understand that donating wont get anyone in RCON group if thats why you asked about donations.

Donating doesnt mean being added to RCON group.

If someone want to donate , nice from him but everyone should understand that donating wont get anyone on RCON list if thats why you asked about donation.

My bad i didn't clear my point here : I wasn't talking about donating to Become an Rcon , I meant Donate for more than one player to get a reserved slot that's all .

My bad i didn't clear my point here : I wasn't talking about donating to Become an Rcon , I meant Donate for more than one player to get a reserved slot that's all .

That shouldnt be any problem.

Sending PM with nicks of players that you payed for to get them VIP access should solve that issue :)

Example :

I just donated 15$ from my account - fockedup - donations were from 3 players

5$/etc. - Me

5$/etc. - Sikorsky

5$/etc. - woof

Edited by Stiuart

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.