Strange ping problem.

For one week I got problems with my ping (its 200-999). Before everything was ok but I've changed NOTHING on my Notebook and NOTHING has changed with my internet. I have 2 PCs and 2 notebooks in my house and on the rest game's working fine (excepting mine) and ping is 70-90, what may be causing problem?

2nd problem: only SOMETIMES I can't play with my sister together on the same server... and sometimes I can

Edited by Celestina

For one week I got problems with my ping (its 200-999). Before everything was ok but I've changed NOTHING on my Notebook and NOTHING has changed with my internet. I have 2 PCs and 2 notebooks in my house and on the rest game's working fine (excepting mine) and ping is 70-90, what may be causing problem?

2nd problem: only SOMETIMES I can't play with my sister together on the same server... and sometimes I can

Maybe something has changed on the other PCs/Laptops? Installed any programs?

When you have this ping problem, is it just the laptop that you are using and the others are fine? If it is just the laptop that you are using, problem can be isolated and it will be easier to identify.

What game is it, MW2 or COD4 / something else?

What is the speed of your internet (if known)?

i do also used to have a lot of ping trouble. I am not a computer expert but I would suggest clearing dns cache, make sure that windows,antivirus etc are not updating themselves while u start to play, try to change advanced graphics ( brought mine down from 380 to 300 ),and clean registry and fix nagle's algorithm. All the above things worked great for me hope it works for u too. And also run a ping test. that should help u find out the culprit

Edited by Hyperion
forgot something

1-it might be from your isp _ sometimes the DNS is outdated for some locations . so try calling them and tell them ( please if its possible to Refresh My line ) they will restart your connection and update your line .its a matter of 1 minute work .

or the other issue : your PC & router , try the following

Start > run command > type cmd ,hit enter : type : ipconifg /flushdns ,hit enter

shutdown your pc and then start it again , while shutting it down , do the same with your router. shut it down and start it again.

2- Regarding your sister issue : you need to fix static ip address for both of your computers . and that should fix your problem while playing on the same server.

let us know if the above fixed your problems

I didn't install anything when my problems started

When my ping is very bad other 2 PCs and 1 laptop are fine.

It's MW2 and internet is 16MB/s (if u think it's low then you have to know that other machines has ping 70-90)

Focked: I don't understand 1st thing what u told me to do... (I mean I don't know what is DNS)

In cmd it says I have no rights (but I'm administrator)

And I dont know what is static ip and how to fix it :P

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.