Suggestion for MW2 EpicDot#9

Hey there, as EpicDot#9 is offline for a little while already and it seems that iSnipe won't come back I'd like to suggest something new for the server.

I would like to suggest to run the so called "antinoob" mod. This mod allows you to disable things like "noob"-Perks like Last Stand , Martydom , Final Stand Etc.

It has also something like a anti-camp protection which i find pretty useless as it makes your screen compleatly black as soon as you don't move for five seconds

and after that you will slowly die if you don't move a few meters.But this is no problem it can be disabled with ease. And I'd definitley recommend disabling it.

Here is a detailed list of what can be disabled.

Weapons

Grenade Launcher Attachment.

G18

Thumper

RPG

AT4

AA12

Perks

Last Stand | Pro

Commando | Pro

Ninja | Pro

Martydom

Final Stand

Painkiller

If I had to configure it I'd disable everything in the list but Commando/Pro and Ninja/Pro. Why ? Because I don't think that Commando/Ninja are so much of a noob perk.

If you want I can upload the configured Mod file in which i also disabled the unnecessary GUI/menu thingy which looks like this. (Totally recommend this too)

For the server settings, me personally I would recommend TDM / TDM HC with no killstreaks enabled.

Ah and before I forget. Here is the original release thread : http://alteriw.net/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=48173 . Credits to [T.N.T] Ebay for creating this mod. Also there is alot of feedback from servers that are running this mod and ostensibly this mod does not cause any crashes.

The reason for posting this is because me myself am getting tired of those funny One Man Army Tubers / Last Standers / Invincible Painkillers. And not only me but I see alot of people complaining about it all the time.

So .. yeah.. that's all I wanted to say.

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by tactical

Im not saying that everyone who uses G18/AA12 etc. is a noob. Me personally like to use these weapons too!

But I think it would be another experience to play the game without these "Overpowered" weapons / Perks. I just can't find the right word for them. Also @Hexagon : I don't see anything bad about the Ninja-Perk, that's why I suggested to let it on ;)

Anyway, this is just a suggestion so .. ^^

I hate that "you're a noob because u use weapon x" attitude, like it's some exclusive club for certain players only. Still, if people want it

+1 I agree.

+2

I would prefer normal HQ server.

There is no such thing as "noob perk/weapon" , but for sure there is something like "noob player".

Mostly they are those who whine about everything.

I hate that "you're a noob because u use weapon x" attitude, like it's some exclusive club for certain players only. Still, if people want it

Well, if we use the MW2 grenade launchers as an example...

All you have to do is aim the grenade launcher in the general direction of the enemy player, there isn't a great deal of skill involved since the blast radius of the noob-tube (:D) is massive.

Now if you're like me, you like playing the game to win (as winning for me = fun), you cannot possibly imagine the amount of frustration that is caused by this "low-skill" method of killing someone. Obviously, I don't go mad and start insulting them and calling them noobs or anything like that, it just pisses me off to no end.

This "anti-noob" mod would be ok if it were on Domination along with Ninja Pro/Commandro Pro enabled since they're not that bad (Ninja Pro isn't even a "noob" perk and those knife-running usually get more deaths than kills).

Low skill deaths are part of the game - being upset by dying this way seems elitist again, as if u should only be killed by certain people worthy of killing you! As long as I die, within the rules, I take it as ' oh well ' and I'll try harder next time, it was my fault - not the other persons fault for choosing legal weapons and tactics and playing by the overall game rules.

I'm not having a dig wash mate, just that noob calling for weapon choice really annoys me - maybe a dedicated mod'd server is a good place to house these pros ;)

You're all discussing about the fact what's noob and what's not. But I don't think that's the point here. I didn't choose the name for this mod. This is how the author called it. Antinoob.

What if the mod was called something like "Let's make CoD a little more like Counter-Strike" or something like this? Would you still discuss about things like what weps are noob and whatever ?

This mod just makes the game different by disabling some weapons and perks. A bit more challenging.. xO

You're all discussing about the fact what's noob and what's not. But I don't think that's the point here.

You listed perks/weapons that are seen as NOOB perks/weapons so dont demand or tell that its not the point here.

You did it first , rest replied that they dont necessarily agree/disagree with that list - that was the point.

Why sniper rifles wasnt added to the list ? I think noscoping is a loser/noob move or bunnyhoping.

This mod could be called whatever creator wanted , it would add the same.

This mod just makes the game different by disabling some weapons and perks. A bit more challenging.. xO

Not really , its a nice way to tell "f.ck off noobs everything disabled is a loser weapon/perk".

Edited by Stiuart

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.